The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Ain't one to date around/ change around/ what so ever. It has been so long since my first relationship and I've become sooooo independent (it scares me sometimes). Till, I pretty much love the single life cause I didn't know I could be that strong. & I did mention before what hurt could do to me, once was enough. As cliche as it sounds, ever since, I prayed that I wouldn't get hurt ever again and to meet someone else that's worthy to walk down the aisle with me (something along this line).

So years passed, and leading the single life was honestly---good. Of course, sometimes I do get moved when I see couples, then I get reminded of the possible bad that outweighs the good, I would then embrace the single status I had. Moreover when it comes to relationships, it's always ain't a smooth sailing one for me (my friends would know). Besides that, I would rather make sure I'm stable and mature enough before I deal with two people. So why would I wanna put myself through complications right? Hence after all I chose the life I love, single.

(All in my own opinion)
Sermon one day talked about our growth in Christ, do we really wanna continue being where we are? I have seen Christians around me who were made for great things, who were used by God in one way or another. I asked myself if this was what I wanted, being stagnant and just going to church every Sunday. 

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm not someone who is pious nor super religious. I'm telling you I'm not. I don't like anything fake. I'm telling you I feel really inferior whenever it comes to that. I feel I'll never be able to match up to people in cell group or whoever else in church, cause everyone else just seems like a strong good Christian to me.

Amidst all these, at that point of time I prayed for Him to use me and if He want, to also reach out to people/ do anything through me. (once and only once, when my friend got really down and there was no other way I could resort to make her feel better, I ask if she believed in God, and got rejected. From then I promised never to mention any thing along this line to anyone.)  I told myself if He wanted them to know Him, He would use me. He knows the timing best.

I just brushed it off that my prayers above weren't answer. But little did I know that it wasn't immediate. He wanted me to wait for the someone worth all these-- a combination. He had already planned it all before we were born, He knows the ups and downs, the who, where, why, when. For that, He put J in my life. & of course it wasn't a smooth sailing one (like I've mentioned).

We all have our flaws and what nots. I've always told myself it's about how you decide to deal with it and not let it affect what you've/ what's in hand. & so I chose to embrace them. We were so alike, too alike, in every way possible even about facts of ourselves that we couldn't change (friends would gettit). There were just so much telepathic experiences, that he says it's no longer scary but the norm.

It was pretty funny at the start but soon I realised I was dealing with a man
who was so patient, so real, so supportive
who was willing to make sacrifices together with me
who would try/ do things he had never done for me
who would travel the distances (literally if you know him you would know why!!)
who would fly borders to surprise me
who would rush over in the middle of the night 3/4am when my fever rocketed
who would just stay by my bed and watch me sleep the entire day cause I was sick
who knew what we are getting ourselves into but yet work everything out together
who shows me and made me understand what falling in love in a mature way is


He explained that;
16 - symbolic of love and loving.  16 of the various names and titles for God specially signify His constant, never-ending love for the children of Israel.
7 (has always been my fav no.) -  a number of completeness, divine perfection or something that is finished, as in the creation week in Genesis one.
and I never knew of all these, but he made the effort, and 16 was the chosen one.

Off to hatched for brunch and got both of us our favourite steak breakfast set each! Ft. the bicycle from my Kinder Surprise he was trying to find for me cause k.s. are so rare nowadays.


Then dinner time aka surprise!!
I must say I was really surprised by where he was gonna take me to! All he said was we're going somewhere really high for dinner, and the highest I could think of was Equinox or the revolving tower. But noooooo..... 
we had a 3- course dinner (appetiser w soup, cod fish/ chicken/ dessert) at Faber Peak, Sky Dining on Cloud 9!

(Yes, it was the highest indeed. Dinner in a cable car)
     
 
(The view was amazing, so were are you)

And that wasn't all. For the amount of effort that went into what's after dinner, thank you for you and your bros. It wouldn't have been what it was like if it wasn't for y'all as well. Thank you for having such a big heart to agreeing to this tall order. I really appreciate everything that went into that. & most importantly for your unconditional pampering and love. It's not gonna get easy in the near future or even starting from now on, but we will pull through. Things are gonna be a bed of roses once this is over, and that's what we're working for. 

No one falls in love by choice, it's by chance. No one stays in love by chance, it is by work. No one falls out of love by chance, it's  by choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FloralGarageSG

Rimmel STAY MATTE Liquid Lip Colour

BIORIGINE TEA- For a flatter tummy, for a healthier you!